This Item can only be purchased by GSA or ECAT eligible customers. Please call us if you have any questions about eligibility.
As used on ATLS courses.
Our Chest Drain and Needle Decompression Trainer has been designed to meet the specific requirments of healthcare professionals training in surgical or guidewire-assisted thoracostomy and thoracentesis.
This product allows for a variety of chest drain insertion techniques to be performed including ultrasound-guided techniques.
- Needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax (at both the 2nd and 5th intercostal space)
- Open, or cut-down chest drain insertion: recognition of correct position, surgical incision, blunt dissection through chest wall, perforation of pleura and finger sweep
- Suture of tube to chest wall
- Ultrasound-guided chest drain insertion (Seldinger-type), including insertion of needle under direct vision and ultrasonic recognition of chest structures
- Management of pleural effusion
- Representation of adult male thorax with arms raised
- Bony and soft tissue landmarks: manubriosternal joint, clavicles, ribs, pectoralis major and latissimus dorsi
- Internal ultrasound anatomy: diaphragmatic structures and collapsed lung
- Can give the impression of breathing under ultrasound when using the advanced pad
- Needle decompression air reservoirs provide realistic release of air on insertion of needle
- Reservoirs can be filled with fluid or mock blood to represent pleural effusion
- Bilateral chest drain and needle decompression pads
- Suitable for supine, sitting or leaning forwards positions
- Works with thoracic seals when using the standard pad
- Affordable replaceable pads
- Latex free
You will receive:
- 60231 Needle Decompression Pads (x2)
- 60232 Advanced Chest Drain Pads (x2)
- 60234 Standard Chest Drain Pads (x2)
- 60240 Chest Drain Ribs (x12)
- 60235 Chest Drain Rib frame (Left)
- 60237 Chest Drain Rib frame (Right)
- 60238 Chest Drain Lung
- 60239 Chest Drain Diaphram
- 1 Torso
- 1 Carry case