Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) has been proven to provide an effective method of treating respiratory distress from congestive heart failure (CHF). The use of CPAP is now being extended to other respiratory problems to provide symptom relief and avoid the need for intubation and ventilation of the patient as well as ICU admission.
The O-Two single-use open CPAP delivery system provides incredibly accurate CPAP delivery for such a compact device. By minimizing the pressure drop on inspiration and the peak pressure on expiration, the O-Two single-use open CPAP delivery system produces a more uniform CPAP pressure throughout the respiratory cycle. This provides a lower work of breathing for the patient when compared to other, commonly used, prehospital devices.
Easy to Use
The adjustment of the CPAP level is achieved by adjusting the output flow from your oxygen therapy regulator or wall outlet. The setting selections noted on the device provide an accurate constant airway pressure at each flow setting:
An open system, the device allows unrestricted inspiratory flows, since the patient has access to ambient air.
Nebulizer treatments can be provided in-line, with the nebulizer positioned between the facemask and the CPAP unit.
A luer port is located on the device to attach a pressure gauge. However, the accuracy of the CPAP level at the fixed-flow settings noted on the device makes the use of a gauge unnecessary.
The ambient air intake port and the location of the in-line oxygen hose are designed to eliminate the possibility of accidental occlusion, removing the risk of barotrauma due to the patient or rescuer inadvertently blocking the port.
Ideal for the treatment of the respiratory impaired patient suffering from a range of obstructive pulmonary diseases, the O-Two CPAP system is a simple, cost-effective alternative to invasive ventilation and possible intensive care admissions.
- Small and lightweight: Complete system weighs only four ounces (0.1 kg)
- Low oxygen consumption: Only 8-25 L/min for 5-25 cmH2O of CPAP
- Simple to use: Flow control adjustment to set CPAP level
- Wide CPAP range: 5-25 cmH2O
- No ambulance downtime in ER: Simply attach to the ER oxygen supply
- Decreased work of breathing: Open circuit design imposes no work on the patient
- Comfortable and secure head harness options: Soft, conforming Neoprene or traditional “Full Crown” head harness
- Small size: Fits into existing jump bags and storage compartments
- Cost effective: Low purchase price and low oxygen consumption compared to other devices
- Nebulizer kit: Allows nebulized medications to be provided during CPAP treatment
- Available pressure manometer.
|CPAP range:||5-25 cmH2O|
|Required flow rate:||8-25 L/min|
|Weight with Facemask and Tubing:||4 oz (0.1 kg)|
|Input Connection:||Oxygen therapy barb|
|Operating Temperature:||-18 to 50°C (0 to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity for Storage and Operating Use:||15 to 95%|
|Patient Face Mask Connection:||22 mm|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.