For GSA Pricing Please Call 877-787-911 or email us at mailto:email@example.com.
This Item can only be purchased by GSA or ECAT eligible customers. Please call us if you have any questions about eligibility.
An anatomically accurate adult knee model for injection and aspiration of synovial fluid from the knee joint, from both the lateral and medial aspects, using ultrasound-guidance or palpation.
The robust sealed knee includes knee joint, patella, patellar tendon and the suprapatellar space.
Key anatomical landmarks are clearly visible and easy to detect under ultrasound, enabling injection and aspiration to be practiced, and accuracy improved.
Performing knee aspirations and injections are fundamental skills required for Undergraduate Medical Education, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Rheumatology*
*Association of American Medical Colleges: Recommendations for Clinical Skills Curricula for Undergraduate Medical Education, Appendix B; Clinical Testing and Procedural Skills, p. 23
*Core Curriculum Outline for Rheumatology Fellowship Programs, June, 2015; p. 16
*Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Program Requirements, p. 18
- Injection into joint cavity
- Aspiration of synovial fluid from both the lateral and medial aspects
- Competence using ultrasound technology to perform systematic scanning techniques and examination of the knee joint
- Identification of anatomical landmarks using ultrasonic guidance or the palpation method
- Patient positioning and management
- Recognition of joint effusion
The following key anatomical landmarks are clearly visible under ultrasound:
- Subcutaneous fat, quadriceps tendon & patellar ligament
- Prefemoral fat pad
- Suprapatellar fat pad
- Hoffa (Infrapatellar) fat pad
- Medial & lateral collateral ligament
- Joint space & synovial recess
- Muscle mass of quadriceps
You will receive:
- 70104 1 Ultrasound Knee Module for Aspiration & Injection
- 70106 1 Fluid Bag and Stand
- 70107 1 Synovial Fluid (including syringe)
- 70108 1 Needle Set
- 1 Leg Unit, including Removable Supports
- 1 Carry Case for Knee
- BKS1846195004 Joint and Soft Tissue Injection (5th Edition) By Dr Trevor Silver